Tuesday, July 18, 2017

He will speak peace

Good Morning! (Or whatever appropriate time greeting when you are reading this.) 😊

At West Valley Bible Church and my community group, we talk a lot about being in God's word daily as a way to stay connected with Him, a way to know His will for us, a way to have a personal relationship with Jesus.  It is also a great way to set your mind and heart for the day ahead which is why we suggest your daily reading to be in the morning before you start your day.  I can't count anymore how many times I've read something in God's word and it has applied directly to my day or something that I was struggling with.  More often then not, I didn't even know when reading that I would have a conversation later that day with someone else who was dealing with the passage I read. How awesome is our God? He knows exactly what you need and when you need it.

If you are reading daily, you are missing out!  And.... I know it is hard to get up a few minutes earlier, but I would love to see you reading in the early hours of the morning before you start your day.  The heart "reset" is so helpfu..

This morning I read a passage in Psalm that I know I've seen before, but today it just seemed to jump out at me that I read it three or four times really letting it sink in.  We've had some stress at the Johnson home with kids and work and a sick family member.  How easy it is to get worked up for various things but then to read "He will speak peace".  Of course I know that to be true, but it sure is nice to be reminded:

"I will hear what God the Lord will speak, for He will speak peace to His people and to his saints; but let them not turn back to folly.  Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, that glory may dwell in our land.  Mercy and truth have met together, Righteousness and peace have kissed.  Truth shall spring out of the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven.  Yes the Lord will give what is good; and our land will yield its increase.  Righteousness will go before Him, and shall make His footsteps our pathway. (Psalm 85:8-13)

Lord Jesus, I know you speak peace the truth.  I know you will give what is good.  Please Lord, make your footsteps my pathway.  Let my life reflect You in everything I do.  May I rest in your peace no matter what is going on for the moment.

Philip J.