Monday, August 7, 2017

Let His Spirit run with it!

Good morning blog readers.  I know it isn't my turn, but I couldn't hold back this morning after spending time in His word reflecting on His grace and Goodness.  (Whomever is on the schedule today, please forgive me.)

If you saw me yesterday, you know my favorite book is Romans!  Today I had the pleasure of reading one of the best parts! No matter how often I read through this passage, I'm always renewed, refreshed, and strengthened with the reality of our Living God who is with us at each moment, day by day, circumstance by circumstance.

"Likewise the Spirit, also helps in our weaknesses.  For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered.  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

Isn't that great!!!!  God himself who searches our hearts, who knows His perfect will for us, intercedes on our behalf, knowing we can't do it ourselves. I love that.

My extended family is going through a bit of turmoil right now, but nothing that God isn't in complete control of.  I was talking to one of them who told me she didn't even know what to pray for regarding a circumstance she is struggling with.  We talked about the verses above and how freeing it is to know that even when we don't know what to pray for, the Holy Spirit prays on our behalf.  God knows His best for us, He knows what we need and when we need it.  Get out of the way and let Him run with it!

Philip J.