Monday, October 9, 2017

He's Bigger than that...

I wanted to add a photo that I took specifically for this blog, but I don't have google images backup on this device.  So you'll have to use your imagination:  Picture looking out over the ocean from the beach.  Of course it is beautiful and mesmerizing, but it also gives you a sense of how vast and unending the ocean is and just how small we are.  Get this image in your head before you read on...

I sometimes think God into a small image like me.  Sometimes I criticize Him for not thinking like me.  Sometimes I wish He did things my way.  Today I looked out over the expanse of the Pacific Ocean while the kids were playing.  Like always, I almost end up in a trance being in awe of the vastness of it and listening to the waves against the sand.  My mind immediately went to our Creator and just how big He is.  Just how unending He is.  Just how forever He is.  And I have the audacity to think Him into my size.  He made the entire universe and everything in it.  And He made me!  Why would someone or something so wonderful and fantastic even give a thought about me, let alone die for me!

Psalm 139:14 - "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  I'm humbled to think that God, who made all things, made me "wonderfully".  I'm reminded too just how insignificant I am compared to the vastness of the world and suddenly my problems are little.  God is big, I'm not!

Father, forgive me for an overinflated view of my self.  Give me a humble heart that wants only to serve you.  Thank you for everything you created!

Philip J - blogging from the beach.........